Monday, December 4, 2006

Christmas in the Glen

I am so excited today because Sarah and her dad are coming over for dinner and she will be staying with me while her dad goes Christmas shopping. Yes, it is that time of year and leave it to a man to wait until Christmas Eve before he goes shopping.  But I don't really mind because it gives me a chance to be with Sarah. She is growing so fast that pretty soon she will be a young lady.

Dad has dropped her off and she and I have dressed warm so that we can go into the glen tonight while dad shops.  I was invited to come to their Christmas party tonight.  I told Sarah and she smiled and her eyes sparkled like the stars that were shinning tonight.

We could see all the fireflies in all the bushes surrounding the glen, they look like Christmas lights scattered here and there and lighting up the forest so that we had no problems getting into the glen. 

We were greeted by some very excited faeries as we walked toward the center of the glen.  It seems that someone very special was coming as a surprise for the Christmas faerie tonight. She is a very famous faerie and everyone knows all about her and how lovely she is when in the movies.  The Christmas faerie has spoken of her so often that the other faeries decided to send someone to ask her to come for Christmas as their special gift for their Christmas faerie.  She agreed and is here now.  They waved Sarah and I forward to meet her.

When we came into her view she smiled at us and with her small delicate hand waved to us to come closer.  Sarah let out a surprised squeak, ":That is Tinkerbell, isn't it?  Look, it is Tinkerbell and she is telling us to come to her." 

I smiled because I have watched Tinkerbell since I was a child and how many millions of children have watched her in the movie Peter Pan.  I always thought some artist had just drawn her and she wasn't real.  But here she was right before our eyes.  Smiling and laughing as she sat on the top of a flower. 

The Christmas Faerie was coming down the path to the glen and they didn't want her to see Tinkerbell until she was in the glen and they could surprise her.

The Christmas Faerie was dressed in a light flowing beautiful gown. So elegant and beautiful she looked  Sarah and I were speechless. When she and her faerie maids entered all got very quiet in the glen for she is a very special faerie and they only see her once ayear because she is so busy. 

In the background tiny little voices began to sing Christmas carols as the Christmas faerie flew around and gave each faerie a tiny little box that was wrapped in gold and had sparkling gold stars all over them.  When she had finished giving out all her presents her maids led her to a small golden chair decorated with pretty red flowers and asked her to sit because the faeires of the glen had a surprise for her.

 As she sat and waited the faeires that had been covering Tinkerbell, flew away and Tinkerbell stood up and flew to the Christmas Faerie and bowed down to her.  The Christmas faerie was so happy that when she smiled the whole glen shown with golden sparkles falling down from the sky.  Sarah and I were amazed at how beautiful those sparkles were. How did she do that? 

She and Tinkerbell talked for a very long time as the other faeries brought out small flowers with a very delicate blue liquid in them and offered some to Sarah and I . We took a sip and it was such a heavenly taste. Like sweet sprinkles on cut out cookies.  They brought over leaves with tiny cookies they had made for this occassion. 

Sarah and I had such a great time sipping the sweet sprinkle juice and eating these tiny cookies that we didn't notice that the faeries were bringing something to us.  They seemed to be having a little trouble carrying the gold wrapped and sparkling boxes for Sarah and I . 

When we opened them we both smiled.  Inside there was a golden metal box. We both opened them up and they were filled with little tubes of different color faerie dust.  Sarah and I looked at each other and smiled.  The Christmas faerie flew to us and landed on my lap .  We looked down at her and all became very quiet in the glen as she raised her faerie wand and drew it across both of our boxes. When she did this the different colored tubes began to sparkle and glow like small lights on a Christmas tree.  How beautiful they all looked inside the box.

After she had done this she started to speak. "I have used my magic wand to make these sparkles into faerie dust. Each tube is for a specail need.  The white for happines. The blue for beauty. The green for intellegence, The yellow for smiles.The gold is very special for it is for love.  Now you have all you need to be happy."

We thanked her and she flew back to her seat and Sarah and I enjoyed the festivities for a little while but then I noticed the time and told Sarah that we had to leave because her dad would be back soon. 

We waved good bye to our faerie friends and walked out of the glen into the forest with some of the faeries flying along so that we could find out way out for it had become dark.

We were sitting and enjoying some hot chocolate and talking about our wonderful night with the faeries and our special gifts when Sarah's dad pulled up  and came into the house.   She ran and gave him a big hug and told him to come and see the gold box full of faerie dust.  When her dad opened the box he was so surprised to see all the different colors sparkling and glowing.  He smiled and laughed and told me that it was such a nice gift that I had given to Sarah.    I smiled and didn't say anything, I just looked at Sarah and smiled and winked at her.  She and I only knew the secret of the faeries of the glen. 

As they were pulling out they both waved to me and I yelled out to them."Merry Christmas!!!!"  They yelled it back to me and waved as they slowly went down the road . What a wonderful Christmas Eve for Sarah and me.  

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now you've done it.  You've REALLY gone and done it, JaniceFaerie -- I am SO filled with the magic of Christmas, I can't stop smiling!  This is a beautiful Christmas present you've penned for us all -- thank you so much!  I didn't just read this one, I was there with you and Sarah.  It's completely enchanting!  Every time I read one of your stories, I become more convinced of your faerieness.

Merry Christmas dear one and a Happy New Year too!

Love,

Faerie

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely write.   How enchanting to have a glen full of faeries .  Beautifully done.

Anonymous said...


'You do not know how much they mean to me, my friends, how rare, strange it is, to find in a life composed so much of odds, ends, to find a friend who has these qualities, who has, gives those qualities upon which friendship lives. How much it means that I say this to you, without these friendships, life, what cauchemar! (Nightmare.)" Eliot, T. S
peace, love, blessings, ms bella donna lynn~
Check Out MySpace:
Http://www.myspace.com/msbelladonna
Check Out My Journal:
Http://journals.aol.com/autumnrain1268/LISTENTOTHERAIN

Anonymous said...

JUST CHECKING IN...PEACE, LOVE & HUGS!
Live Simply.
Love Generously.
Care Deeply.
Speak Kindly.
Leave the Rest to Great Spirit!
Tabutni, 'Thank You,' from the bottom of my 'Wild Heart.'
MAY YOU BE BLESSED..
Autumn Rain Eyes (Belladonna Lynn)
Welcome to my world!
Http://journals.aol.com/autumnrain1268/LISTENTOTHERAIN

Anonymous said...

This is a very good journal. Save this journal before aol changes the planned journal features in October 2008. Peace and Hugs, Autumn