Tuesday, March 28, 2006

DRAWING A PICTURE OF THE GLEN AND FAERIES

What a glorious day! I have decided to take my drawing board and some paper and go into the glen and use my colored chalks to try and capture the beauty of the faeries and the glen itself.  I have wanted to do this for such a long time and now that I have a few days off, I have decided that this is the perfect time.

The glen is all in bloom and the colors dazzle with the morning dew that is still on the petals of the flowers. How lovely they look. Under some of the petals  that are dripping the dew water, faeries are using these drops to wash their face and hands. Some of them singing as they are doing this morning ritual. Their gentle sweet voices are so pleasant that you can't help but smile.

All the faeries know me so, no one is alarmed by my presence. Their curosity is aroused because of the drawing board and paper I am carrying, and the big box of colored chalk. 

I explained to them that I was going to use the chalks to make pictures of the glen and if they didn't mind, I would like to put some of them in the pictures too.

They all seemed so excited and flew all around me waving their multi-colored wands. Sparkles of color fell all over me and I laughed as I looked at myself. I had on my white painting smock and now it looked so pretty with all the sparkles laying all over it.

I sat down on a log and with my pencil started to etch out my plan for the drawing, which I would finish with the colored chalks. I started with the glen itself. Drawing in the clearing, the beautiful wild flowers waving in the gentle wind. So many colors that I was afraid I wouldn't do them justice with my colored chalks. Some of my faerie friends sat on my shoulders while others flew back and forth to take a look. some hovered around me and I  could feel the soft little breeze from their wings.

I expressed my unhappiness that I might not be able to bring out the real beauty of the glen and them with my simple box of colored chalk. They just smiled at me and told me that I should just domy best.

So, I settled down to my drawing, periodically looking up to check different parts of the glen and my faerie friends that I wanted to add to the pictures. I just couldn't seem to get my friends to look good and I was becoming very frustrated. After I had penciled in what I had in mind, I started using my colored chalk. I had the glen done, all the flowers waving in the breeze, but just couldn't get the faeries incorporated into the picture the way I wanted to have them in the picture. I wanted to show off their real beauty and different personalities.

I was so unhappy and tried over and over to put them into the picture. They seemed so artifical to me. I sat back, sighed and closed my eyes because they were weary and I wanted to restthem for a few minutes.

As I sat their with my eyes closed, two faeries picked up my black pencil and went to the drawing board and started to place faeries inbetween the trees and flowers in the glen. Some of them were hiding, others flying. They had put them in the picture  in such a way that you had to look carefully at the picture to see all of them.

When they had finished, one of them landed on my shoulder and told me to open my eyes and take a look at the beautiful picture.

I looked at what I felt was an incomplete work and my mouth dropped open. How beautifully they had entwined themselves into my simple work. The more I looked at the picture the bigger my smile became. I spotted smiling faeries hiding behind trees, others flying among the leaves. Others were put into the wild flowers in the glen, You had to look carefully to see all of them, but as you looked more and more of them could be spotted throughout the drawing. They had penciled themselves in and then had taken the colored chalk to color and brighten themselves. The dark and light coloring was amazing. They had never mentioned to me that any of them could draw, but then, that should not have surprised me as they seemed to be able to do anything they chose to do and do it fantastically.

As I watched a few of the faeries flew tothe picture and using their wands added just the right amount of light to various parts of the picture. The picture was a masterpiece only because of my talented faerie friends.

If you come to visit me, be sure to go in the den and have a look above the sette. Their you will find the picture entitled, THE FAERIES OF THE GLEN hanging in all its magnificence.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great entry and great pics.A long time since you did an entry in here.Hope you are ok.