Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ornaments/Faeries at work

I had gone behind the house to do some cleaning because one of my neighbors was coming over with his tractor to "fit" the land for my garden that I plant each year. There is nothing like vegetables from your own garden. 

I was so absorbed in my work that I didn't notice the four faeries that were flying toward me.  In fact, when one of them came in front of me  I jumped back. Whoosh!! my breath came out.  The wee faerie just smiled and waved her wand at me.  The others approached and I wondered why they had come out of the glen to see me.

The one that was in front of me landed on my outstretched hand and told me that the Princess of the glen wanted me to come to the glen if I had time to see what they were making.  The wee faerie explained that it was something new that the Princess had taught up and was hoping I could help them to sell them. Now my curiosity was really up , so I said I would follow them just as soon as I went in and washed up a bit.

They waited for me and we all walked into the woods. As i approached the glen I could hear the beautiful harps and flutes that they always seemed to take such joy in playing.
In the middle of the glen there were so many faeries working feverishly at little toadstool tables.

I approached to see what they were doing and the Princess flew up to me. I opened my hand and she settled on the palm. I bowed my head, and she bowed hers. I asked her what it was that she had wanted me to come to the glen.

"well," She said."My faeries came to me and asked if I had something that they could do so that more people would be aware of the good they do and so that they would know that they DO exist. I thought about it for quite a while and I have found the perfect solution. I discussed it with all my clan and they all are excited about this new project. See them all working down there? Come take a closer look"

I stooped down to see what each of the faeries was doing and could not believe my eyes. Each one was making a beautiful faerie that you would replace a light blub on a strng of lights, to be used for Christmas on the tree or for other holidays of the year. They were amazingly beautiful. There were faerie babies lying on leaves, faeries with wands that when connected to the string of lights would have their wands all lit up and in all different colors. Wee baby faeries lying under toadstools that the toadstools lit up also, Something on each of the beautifully crafted faeries lit up when you replaced them for the blubs on a string of lights. 

I could not believe the beauty in each of these handcrafted faerie decorations. Each faerie did all the painting very carefully. They used their magic wands to soften the colors and here and there touched the faerie decoration to enhance it. I watched as they put them on the side to dry.

It was really a sight to see when they were being transported to my home. It took at least two and sometimes three faeries to lift one of the decorations and carry to my home. Each of the faeries also carried their wands all lit up so that we could see our way home. We looked like a caravan going through the woods.

I had a great idea for these wonderful works of art and had told the faeries all about it before we started to my home.

In the morning, I would call and make an appointment to show these treasures to a sales representive for Hallmark that I knew lived just a few miles away.

When I called him, and explained what I wanted to show to him, he seemed very excited and told me to meet him at his home that morning, before he left for work.

I packed all the decorations into a big box and drove the short distance to his home. I had to put the box down on his porch so that I could ring the bell. His wife answered the door, and with a smile bid me welcome and to come in the house.

I picked up my box and followed her into the dinning room of their home. Mr. Thomas got up from the table and walked over and extended his hand and asked me to join him in a cup of coffee and explain what I had for him to see. I gratefully accepted his offer and sat down.

After I told him about the "product" I had to offer, I got up and brought the box to the table setting it on the chair next to me. I took out the replacements for the blubs for the strings of lights and put them very carefully in front of him. I did not tell him that the faeries had made them of course, he thought I had done them. The faeries didn't want anyone to know that they had done them, because the people would find out where they lived and eventually find them. The agreement was that I would say they were mine and take the credit for creating them, but any monies that were made from selling them would go to a charity that took care of children. 

When Mr. Thomas observed the beautiful faerie "blub" replacements, his smile got wider and wider. He very gently picked up each one and examined them very thoroughly. "Amazing, simply amazing,"He said. "You have done these all by hand?" He asked.

I nodded my head as I sat there watching and waiting for him to say if he liked them and if he would buy them.  It seemed like forever as he picked each up and looked all over, some of the twice. I had brought a string of Christmas lights with me and asked him if I could demonstrate how they would look. He nodded his head and said yes, he wanted to see that very much.

I took all the blubs out of the string and replaced them with the faerie "lights".  Then Mr. Thomas plugged the light string into the socket in the wall.

His wife gasped when she saw the beauty of the faeries work. Each one was unique and their beauty would not be found any place else in the world. Mr. Thomas just stood there and looked at each one and he smiled.

He turned to me and said that he would like many more of these sets and wanted to know how many I would be able to produce so that he could sell them. I explained that each of the lights was an original and there would be a limited amount of each for sale, therefore, making them collectables and something that people would treasure and be proud to own. 

He seemed to think about it for a long time, and then he told me that he felt that was a wonderful idea. It would make them very special to the owner of each of them. I agreed.

He took the box of faerie "blubs" with him to work and said that he would have a contract drawn up and that tomorrow I could meet him at his office in town and could go over the contract and if I agreed, we had a deal.

I shook his hand and said goodbye to his wife and I was so happy when I left I skipped back to my car. I couldn't wait to tell my faerie friends about the wonderful deal I had made for them and to let them know that they better start making more faerie "blubs" because I felt this would be a best seller.

After my meeting with the Princess and the faeries, I went back home and got ready for my  day at work. Isn't it wonderful that these wee faerie people think so much of us that they are all willing to work hard to make something to sell to benefit us, not them. 

Well, I always said that the faerie people were the best. Only thinking of helping others and never wanting anything in return.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

for my friend Phyllis who cant post here.
Such charming descriptions!  Loved the tiny fairies sitting under the
toadstools - I could picture them.  You have a great gift of bringing
EVERYTHING to life.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this "product" . . . you should SO do this, Janice!  I know that I would buy at least 2 strings of them!

Lovely write and lovely idea!

Faerie

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures and a great entry. :-)